I keep beating around the bush regarding the Bookstore I work at, but since I’ve mentioned it in the past, and it’s more an open secret than anything else, you probably know I work at a Borders bookstore. Specifically, I work at the store at the corner of 18th & L Streets Northwest, and the store which is hosting Sarah Silverman this Thursday night.
If you’re coming (or thinking of coming) to the Sarah Silverman event:
1. You need a wristband.
2. Wristbands can be obtained beginning at 8am on Thursday the 22nd at the store (18th & L NW). You must either buy a copy of her book, or bring a copy with you. Only one wristband will be distributed per book. You don’t have to buy the book at Borders, but you do need to have a book with you to get a wristband. (All copies of the book will be kept behind the counter at the registers).
3. She will only be signing her book. She will not be signing any memorabilia — she won’t be signing photos, DVDs, boobs, etc.
4. There will be no pictures with Sarah Silverman. You will be permitted to take photos from the signing line.
5. There may be a limited number of wristbands. I don’t know how many. If we’re out of wristbands, you’re out of luck. Wristbands are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Don’t call asking if we’ll hold some for you, we won’t.
6. She is speaking for about ten minutes, and then will sign. If you do not have a wristband, it is doubtful you will be able to hear her.
7. People will be allowed to begin lining up at 4pm: first come, first served. The color of your wristband will have no bearing on your place in line.
8. As of now, there is no word on when she will be departing.
9. There are trashcans throughout the store. Please do not leave your trash on bookshelves, floors, or counter space. You bring it in, you can track it out (or at least utilize any of the cafe trashcans, or the big trashcan to the right of the front door as you exit)
10. All of this is subject to change at any time, with little or no warning at all.
Also, please utilize common sense at all times.